Home Health Aide
Love Cottage Healthcare is composed of Personal Care Attendants (PCA) and Home Health Aides (HHAs) who are responsible for providing patients with their daily self-care tasks. With our expertise in the field, we ensure to assist them with their personal needs as well as in their activities of daily living.
Who Are Eligible for Personal Care?
Personal Care service is a preferred option for patients who are too ill, confused, or physically unable to take care of themselves. PCA and HHAs offer assistance to patients who:
- Have difficulty performing daily self-care and hygiene tasks
- Require assistance to maintain mobility
- Need non-invasive postoperative care
- Must be supported in moving in and out of bed or in using a mobility device
- Should be monitored for signs of a change in the health condition
Our team of professionals plays an important role in senior care. It is our duty to help patients recover or maintain their health and quality of life. We fully understand that every individual has a unique health and personal needs. That is why we are sensitive and careful in giving the care to ensure the dignity, privacy, and independence of our patients by providing them the utmost personal support and attention they need.
Personal Care Is Available in Various Care Settings
Our professional caregivers at Love Cottage Healthcare are flexible. We can provide personal care assistance at the comforts of our patient’s home, hospital, group homes, assisted living centers, retirement communities, and other settings, depending on their preferences.
Common Personal Care Tasks
Our team of PCA and HHAs is skilled and well-trained to provide the following tasks to patients:
- Measuring temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, intake and output of fluids (if necessary)
- Providing “hands-on” care including bathing, dressing, shaving, skin, mouth, and hair care
- Assisting with the use of ambulation devices (wheelchair, walker, etc.)
- Assisting with eating
- Changing a colostomy bag or applying an external catheter
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion (ROM) exercises
- Reinforcing dressings
- Assisting with prescribed ice cap or collar
Why Choose the Right Personal Care Assistance?
There are so many factors that make a senior vulnerable. Apart from aging, illnesses and disabilities hinder them from doing the things they love. When it comes to caregiving, we know how crucial it is to deliver the proper care services that would address their personal needs. That is why it is our responsibility to make the process of finding the right PCA and HHA as hassle-free as possible. We are here to help you achieve the life you desire.